Monday, May 24, 2010

More on the Secret part...

The one aspect of compulsive eating that I think goes across the board is the whole hidden act of eating. It's not enough to eat a regular meal with other people because the/my true desires about food are unacceptable. Who wants to see a loved one stuff their face? Not a chance.... I don't need their disapproval, I have plenty of my own going already.

Later, when all are away, the monster comes alive with it's needs. Ice Cream... now! Chips with sour cream.... now! Beer... now! And the thing that makes it all so disastrous is the stubbornness of the desire and the self-hatred that comes so quickly after the need has been met. The inner dialogue is just ridiculous too, arguing with myself endlessly over whether or not to have something, giving in and then hating myself for it. This goes on all... day... long...

My personal monster is craving; craving food, craving alcohol, craving sweets. It just goes WAY beyond desire. Desire can wait a bit. Craving is a monster with a huge unsatisfied appetite. No matter what I eat, it will never be enough. Disgusting, eh?

I'm working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment