Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bad Habits

It is most unwelcome to realize that at some point bad habits simply must be sacrificed upon the altar of good health. I am decidedly and unhappily at that point. I'm sure you're thinking that my bad habits must be really awful, but they are of the most garden variety and I cling to them as a drowning man does a lifeboat. What little badness I have is far worse for me than for most and yet I hate to give up my few pleasures, since they are so few indeed. To what do I refer, you impatiently ask? Coffee and alcohol.

Coffee has gone away already, as I ground that habit to a screeching halt when I learned that caffeine spikes the insulin and therefore ruins an entire day of eating. Forget it. My struggles with it in the past buried under my indignation of how ruinous it is to me.

Ah, but alcohol is another story altogether. It spikes the insulin as well, but I have made little headway into eradicating that nasty bit from my daily fare. I get a far bigger jolt of fun from it than coffee and just don't want to give it up yet. I KNOW I must. I resist....... sigh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment